I feel like I was born to this vocation. Helping people celebrate the milestones and achievements in their lives - such uplifting, romance-fuelled events – who wouldn’t love to be involved in such celebrations?
There was a time, in so-called “primitive” civilizations, where transformative events such as puberty, entry into manhood or womanhood and thanksgiving after birth were celebrated by formal rites. In contemporary life there are too few opportunities to stop and recognise the high points in your journey: your graduations, promotions, career changes, entry into social groups, significant birthdays, pregnancy, long friendships in groups, commitments, engagements, re-affirmations. Or if you’re single – just celebrating freedom in a fabulous world (who needs an excuse for champagne, kisses and some mutual appreciation!)
Find an inspirational location, invite a grouping of those you hold dearest, and I’ll provide a progression of well-chosen words that reflect on your achievement and express its meaning for you; and I’ll design a fluid transition between speakers so that all your guests will be swept along. And you’ll enjoy your memories for as long as you’ve still got your wits about you!
In addition to wedding ceremonies, I perform naming ceremonies, renewal of vows and commitments, same sex commitment ceremonies and rites-of-passage events such as motherhood and coming-of-age ceremonies.
My goal is to help design an event that honours your milestone, respects your style, and is carried out with the utmost professionalism and good taste; with humour or solemnity when it’s called for, with grace and with tact.
What you can expect
• I give complete choice of ceremony.
• I like to think of my ceremonies as spiritual yet non-denominational; I embrace all personal credos, beliefs and ways of living.
• I live in Sydney, but am happy to travel further to your location. However, there may be reasonable travel costs involved.
• If you need recommendations on a beautiful location and/or venue, photographer, flowers etc, especially those of you from interstate or overseas, I’m happy to help.
• With each event, I promise to arrive at least 20 minutes before the planned starting time, to make sure I’m fully primed for action - and more importantly, to put your mind at rest.
• I will be fully prepared and familiar with your event so that I can orchestrate your ceremony in a manner that is genuine, appropriate and smooth.
• I will turn up dressed appropriately for your event (my wardrobe is very versatile!) and promise to be relaxed and calm so that’s one less thing to stress you unnecessarily.